SCOTTSDALE JAZZ FESTIVAL SCOTTSDALE CENTER FOR THE ARTS APRIL 30 2022 !
- Fri, Dec 03ScottsdaleEnjoy an evening of jazz with the Magic of Doc Jones Ensemble and cuisine perfectly paired with memorable wines prepared by the valleys's best chefs Proceeds to Benefit International Jazz Day AZ Foundation & Scottsdale Jazz Festival Tickets now on sale https://bit.ly/3jnPstW
- Jan 14th 2022 7:00 PM to 10:00PMSouth Mountain College 7050 S 24th St, Phx“Dear Martin” A Jazz Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. & Aretha Franklin, a live immersive experience of music, storytelling, spoken word, film and movement in celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. King.
- Sun, Oct 17Paradise ValleyDoc Jones is honored to have his friend of 30 years to join him in this intimate setting. Dr. Jesse McGuire has played around the world at least 5 times. So spread the word and lets make this the best Jazz Brunch in Scottsdale.
- Sun, May 23Paradise ValleyFor the last few months at the Sanctuary,Doc Jones and Jess McGuire has been play some real music Jazz. They have been one of the best-known and most powerful players Sunday having a lot of Fun. Bring you mate and enjoy Sunday Brunch with us
- Fri, Apr 02ScottsdaleNayo Jones (pronounced Nīyō) is currently based in New Orleans where she performs regularly with her band, The Nayo Jones Experience. Jones’s vocal range has been compared to the likes of Natalie Cole, Nancy Wilson, and Whitney Houston. She has been the opening act for the legendary George Benson, C
DR. WILLIAM "DOC" JONES
For more than 30 years, Doc has been using his talents as a professional jazz musician and music instructor to teach and inspire the next generation of music artists in Arizona. In 1995, he formed Quick’s Academy of Music and rallied business partners to support his efforts to provide free music lessons for young students considered at risk. In 2001, Doc established the NextStudent Academy, a 501c3 organization that makes music education and instruments accessible to students from kindergarten through college. Doc has further elevated jazz in by uniting Arizona around International Jazz Day (April 30), the day officially designated by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to “highlight the significant role of jazz in unifying people from all corners of the globe.”
Bill has been practicing law for more than twenty years, and providing legal support for the Jazz Day AZ Foundation since its inception. Respected and admired by his peers and the public, Bill is a contributing editor to Arizona Business Lawyer, and is frequently the “go to” legal expert for local TV news stations. Bill is Past President and Board of Directors member of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, and has served on the Board of Directors for the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the Maricopa County Bar Association, and the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys.
Donald is one of the most respected federal student loan experts in the United States and, and Founder and CEO of NextStudent, Inc, and key architect behind NextStudent.com. Under his leadership, the small scholarship software company one grew to be the third largest student loan consolidation company in the United States by 2006, trailing only publicly traded NelNet and Sallie Mae. NextStudent was an originator and consolidator of federal and private student loans, lending $6.8 billion. As part of NextStudent's philanthropic efforts, together with Doc Jones, Don assisted in building and funding the NextStudent Academy of the Arts.
Aubrey is a software manager for a Fortune 500 company and CEO of AMEC Records, and one of Arizona's top Black music promoters. He has promoted more than 150 gospel and secular concerts throughout the United States, and represented some of the biggest hit makers, including Grammy and Stella winners. Aubrey’s passion is Traditional Gospel, Classic Soul & R&B, but mostly he loves keeping music alive, which he does by managing records from some of the biggest hit makers from years past.