- Artist Mr. Richard Booker, has been Chosen as the official artist for the 7th Annual Int'l Jazz Day Festival in Arizona
- "Carl Carton SHE'S A BAD MAMA JAMA" Coming to Scottsdale AZ
- Doc Jones Brings His Brand of Jazz To The 7th Annual Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championship:
- Join the International Jazz Day AZ Foundation Movement to help our new Friend Little Jonathan
- Herbie Hancock Received International Jazz Day AZ Foundation’s Lifetime Achievement Award At The Mesa Arts Center In Arizona
Governor Douglas A. Ducey
Office of the Arizona Governor Douglas Ducey 1700 West Washington Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Dear Governor Douglas A. Ducey,
On behalf of UNESCO and the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz, we would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for pledging your support for Doc Jones and International Jazz Day 2016.
Such a proclamation truly helps us to make the 5th Annual International Jazz Day such a resounding success and we are very much honored to count the state of Arizona as a global partner in 2016.
This year, numerous organizers in 195 countries already put together more than 650 individual events and we are expecting more registrations by April 30. Some organizers partnered with radio stations, public libraries, hotels, municipal governments, UNESCO National Commissions, jazz clubs, art galleries, schools and restaurants; others presented events simply as private citizens with a deep-seated passion for this wonderful music and its message of peaceful cooperation and partnership.
In the midst of the many struggles, disagreements and crises that confront the people of our beautiful planet, it is truly inspiring to see so many of us brought together thanks to the unifying power of music. It is humbling beyond words to know that for at least one day there will be someone in every country on earth taking time to celebrate jazz and its inherent message of acceptance and respect.
Please know that we couldn’t have done this without your great support. Once again, thank you – and we hope the State of Arizona will participate again on April 30, 2017!
Please accept assurances of our higher consideration.
Director of International Jazz Day Programs and Outreach Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz