- Doc Jones Brings His Brand of Jazz To The 7th Annual Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championship:
- Join the International Jazz Day AZ Foundation Movement to help our new Friend Little Jonathan
- Herbie Hancock Received International Jazz Day AZ Foundation’s Lifetime Achievement Award At The Mesa Arts Center In Arizona
- WELCOME TINA SWEIS TO THE EXECUTIVE BOARD OF INT'L JAZZ DAY AZ FOUNDATION
- Doc Jones Discusses Using Jazz To Promote AZ Tourism
Aug 17 2017
HERBIE HANCOCK WAS HONORED AND RECEIVED IJDAZF’s 2017 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD AFTER HIS CONCERT IN ARIZONA AS PART OF HIS WORLD TOUR AT THE MESA ARTS CENTER IN MESA ARIZONA.
Legendary musician and genre-defying artist Herbie Hancock received a lifetime Achievement Award after his concert in Mesa Arizona; the International Jazz Day AZ Foundation recognizes lifetime contributions and exceptional service of certain individuals to African-American culture in music, media, film, service and education. This Int’l Jazz Day AZ foundation special award will someday be tape and premiered during Black History Month every year.
Mr. Hancock said, “Music truly is the universal language and, in line with my release, “The Imagine Project,” explores that concept across the globe, uniting a myriad of cultures through song and positive creative expression. My hope is that this music will serve as a metaphor for the actions taken by the inhabitants of this wonderful planet as a call for world harmony at every level. In these days we really need healing and harmony.”
Herbie’s views on global musing are the power of song brings people together. The recordings for Herbie Hancock, like his “Imagine Project,” have taken place in each collaborator’s home territory whenever possible, and embody the spirit, hearts, sounds, colors and flavor of each locale—a complete sensory musical experience. The result is an album without borders, both a celebration and a call to action.